- Wifo alumni Salman Avestimehr won the PECASE Award!
- Congratulations to Sahand Negahban, Jiening Zhan, and Hao Zhang for passing their quals!
to Professor David Tse for receiving the Frederick
Emmons Terman Award. The award is bestowed anually upon an
outstanding young electrical engineering educator in recognition of
the her contributions to the profession.
- Welcome to Professor Abbas El Gamal. He is visiting Berkeley from Stanford this Fall as a Mackay Fellow. Professor El Gamal is sitting in the Wireless Foundations Center and will be giving a seminar on network information theory.
- Welcome to Professor Francois Baccelli.
Professor Baccelli is visiting Cal this semester as Miller professor. He is
sitting in the Wireless Foundations Center and will give four lectures on Stochastic Geometry and Wireless Networks.
- Welcome to Salim El Rouayheb as a new postdoctoral researcher working with
Professor Kannan Ramchandra.
- Congratulations to Changho Suh and I-Hsiang for passing their quals!
- Congratulations and best of luck to Krish Eswaran and Rahul Tandra as they start their new positions at Google and Qualcomm, respectively.
- Dr. Ermin Kozica, a Ph.D Student from KTH-Royal Institute of Technology will be visiting and doing research with Prof. Ramchandran from July 2009-Dec.2009.
- Congratulations to Bobak Nazer on his appointment as Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Wisconsin. Bobak will be leaving us in mid September, we wish him the best in his new position!
- Wireless Foundations BEARS 2008 Open House and Student Poster Session was well attended. Click here to read the poster abstracts.
- Dr. Lara Dolecek has joined the Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems at MIT as a
Postdoctoral Researcher, where she works with Professor Devavrat Shah. While she was at Berkeley, Lara was awarded the 2007 David J. Sakrison Memorial Prize for her outstanding research. Established in memory of David J. Sakrison, who was a Faculty member and Chairman of EECS on the Berkeley campus at the time of his death, the award is made annually to a graduate student who has completed what is deemed by a faculty committee to be a truly outstanding piece of research.
- Dr. Vinod Prabakaran has joined the Coordinated Sciences Lab as a Postdoctoral Researcher at University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. Vinod was honored this year with the 2007 Demetri Angelakos Memorial Achievement Award, an award that recognizes generosity and altruism. In addition to conducting his research, Vinod unselfishly took the time to help colleagues beyond the normal cooperation existing between fellow students.
- Congratulations to Amin Gohari and Hari Palaiyanur for passing the qual!